[lbo-talk] Saddam Caught

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Dec 15 08:12:12 PST 2003

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> Well, one response to that is "Fuck you Mr. Dean, and fuck your America.
> Why could not you be more modest in your statements, speaking more
> softly instead of making bombastic statements about the supposed glory
> and superiority of the United States. After all, why should anyone be
> impressed by a country with Third-World social inequalities, antiquated
> and fundamentally unfair political system, grossly inadequate public
> services, inaccessible health care, unchecked corporate rule and fascist
> labor laws, hideous suburban sprawl, decaying cities, atrocious ground
> transportation, and substandard standards of living, a country full of
> arrogant, racist, self-righteous bigots and politicians and public
> figures pandering to that self-righteousness, idiotic unreflective
> culture infatuated with raw power and mindless violence and high from
> adrenaline rush, a country that imports almost everything and its major
> export is war materiel and war itself. This is how your country is
> perceived by most outsiders, and it is not Bush who is responsible for
> that perception, but the clearly visible qualities of the American
> society themselves."
>
> In the end, I decided to keep my money. I am going to Europe in the
> winter holidays, and I will need it there.

Enjoy your holiday in Europe, but if you find yourself with more money in the future, please feel free to donate to any of the radical organizations that need help.

Like I've said repeatedly in the past: there is no difference between the Republican and Democrat parties. The response of the Demcorats to this news about Saddam's capture just confirms this. Those leftists who put lots of time and effort into supporting candidates like Dean are just wasting your time. Clinton talked a big game about reforming healthcare and other shit, but as soon as he took office he became a better Republican president than King George Bush I.

And the other day when I asked what people would do if Bush was re-elected, Doug said that people should just organize for the next election. I take this to mean that there isn't really a difference between the parties, because if the left really believes that Bush is truly evil, their response to re-election should be the violent ouster of the President. If you are just going to lick your wounds and wait until next time, then that show me that you really don't see Bush as a serious problem. In most other countries, when they have a leader who the population can't stand, they throw him out.

Perhaps it is time for a little revolution in the USA.

<< Chuck0 >>

Homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Monumental Mistake (blog) -> http://chuck.mahost.org/weblog/index.php Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Infoshop Portal -> http://portal.infoshop.org/ Infoshop Science -> http://science.infoshop.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

"The USA PATRIOT Act (a.k.a. Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing the Appropriate Tools Required to Infiltrate and Obstruct Terrorism)

was originally named "Unarming and Stripping Americans of Freedom and Allowing Secret Cops to Intimidate Scapegoats and Minorities",

but they thought USA FASCISM didn't sound all that great."

-- Patrick Dempsey