[lbo-talk] re will this be like uday and kusay capture?

Stephen Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Mon Dec 15 09:32:00 PST 2003

http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,3604,1107178,00.html

"One thing I do know: Saddam was not leading the resistance from his dirty little hole. This was acknowledged yesterday by an unlikely source - Sherif bin Ali, a relative of the last Iraqi king, Faisal II, and a strong supporter of the US-led invasion. "The truth must be spelt out," he said, "Saddam has nothing to do with the resistance. His cowardly surrender confirms what we have known all along... It is time to negotiate with the resistance. It is time to call on the resistance to declare a truce."