[lbo-talk] polls on SH

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Dec 15 13:39:19 PST 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:

> [Gallup]
>
> POLL ANALYSES
> December 15, 2003
>
> Americans Consider Saddam Capture "Major Achievement," but War Support
> Unchanged
> Most Americans say capture won't affect their vote for president

My favorite poll today was the verdict rendered by the stock market. Everything closed down for the day and the blurb on Yahoo said that the markets had decided that Saddam's capture was irrelevent to the market.

I spent the afternoon driving around Kansas City, doing some shopping and listening to right wing radio. Rush Limbaugh has gotten even more incoherent since the last time I listened to him. He's been reduced to doing Mystery Science 3000 voiceovers during the live Howard Dean speech today and after that he was reading some angry posts from the Democratic Underground website.

Incidentally, I discovered lots of people shopping this afternoon. The electronics stores were pretty busy and the mall parking lot was full. I'm happy because I finally bought a digital voice recorder to do interviews for my book, the Infoshop website, and my future career doing anarchist radio. ;-)

<< Chuck0 >>

Homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Monumental Mistake (blog) -> http://chuck.mahost.org/weblog/index.php Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Infoshop Portal -> http://portal.infoshop.org/ Infoshop Science -> http://science.infoshop.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

"The USA PATRIOT Act (a.k.a. Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing the Appropriate Tools Required to Infiltrate and Obstruct Terrorism)

was originally named "Unarming and Stripping Americans of Freedom and Allowing Secret Cops to Intimidate Scapegoats and Minorities",

but they thought USA FASCISM didn't sound all that great."

-- Patrick Dempsey