[lbo-talk] polls on SH

Brian Siano siano at mail.med.upenn.edu
Mon Dec 15 14:00:47 PST 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:

> POLL ANALYSES
> December 15, 2003
>
> Americans Consider Saddam Capture "Major Achievement," but War Support
> Unchanged
> Most Americans say capture won't affect their vote for president

[Details snipped]

This is why I disliked Wojtek's comments about "bubbas." People are smarter than some people think. They recognize that Saddam's capture is a good accomplishment. But when they say that it won't affect their voting in 2004, they're really saying that they don't _want_ it to affect their voting. And when people say they want to keep their heads clear, and not be influenced by media spectacles, that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned.