[lbo-talk] Hi Tea

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Dec 15 14:32:39 PST 2003

Kenneth MacKendrick wrote:

>I don't know if this has been mentioned or not but...
>http://www.travelmateinfo.com/
>I don't care what Freud would have thought about it. : )

Hmm, the first real computer I had was a Vector Graphic CP/M machine I bought in 1981. The founder of Vector was Lore Harp. In 1988, I noticed her name on a list of contributors to the Dukakis campaign, and called her up to ask why. I don't remember her answer, but she said that after Vector's collapse (which came sometime around 1984) she'd moved on to develop a device much like this (I don't know what Freud would have said about that, after early success followed by early failure in the hyper-male computer biz). Wonder if they licensed the gadget from her.

Doug