[lbo-talk] Hi Tea

Diane Monaco dmonaco at pop3.utoledo.edu
Tue Dec 16 10:40:55 PST 2003

Kelley wrote:

yes I've fallen into the toilet a few times. I don't see why
> I should have to turn the light on to take a leak at 2 a.m. and I'm pretty
> sure whoever I was sleeping with appreciated the lights left out just as
> much as I did.
>
> Yes, I've sat on toilets that men have pissed all over when they couldn't
> be bothered to lift the seat at all. Many of them, when they do bother to
> lift the seat, make a big mess of it anyway.

And then there's the issue of not only nearly falling into or landing on the cold porcelain bowl, but -- as my dad would say, "the boys (referring to my brothers) can miss the bowl, that's why we can't have a carpet in the bathroom" -- one may also have to tip-toe around on a cold ceramic tile floor in the dark hoping to avoid tiny little puddles. :)

I lived with my dad and brothers (no sisters) from the age of 13 until college after my mother died suddenly and unexpectedly. My dad is actually a very organized engineering person (Chevrolet Engineering) and he put together a great living plan that seemed to work well enough for us. A great guy indeed!

Diane