[lbo-talk] re Saddam captured

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Mon Dec 15 21:07:24 PST 2003

> Wojtek:
> Why bother with such formalities? You, your "commander in chief," the
> majority of your countrymen, and above all the media have already
> pronounced him guilty.

>Stephen Philion:
> --fur god sake Woj, get with the program. he's not only guilty, he's the
> worst dictator the world has seen in 60 years, maybe even worse than
Hitler.
> In fact, he was also more powerful than Hitler, that's why we had to
> overthrow him.

Is this the Radical Take du Jour on Saddam? Just because the Bush gang is playing it up for the rubes at home means that Saddam's a victim? I'm getting this sense from here and elsewhere. It's as if holding two different, connecting thoughts is just too damn hard or unpleasant to maintain, so fuck it all -- Saddam's a patsy, the Oswald of Mesopotamia.

Wow. That is easier. I think my sinuses are clearing up.

DP