[lbo-talk] re Saddam captured

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Mon Dec 15 21:48:50 PST 2003

FREE Saddam Hussein.

Yup, Dennis. ------------------------------

Message: 6 Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 02:22:07 -0800 From: Macdonald Stainsby <mstainsby at resist.ca> Subject: Re: [R-G] ANSWER Statement on Recent Developments in Iraq To: "David.Mcr at earthlink.net" <david.mcr at earthlink.net>, "Radical anti-capitalist environmental discussion." <rad- green at lists.econ.utah.edu> Message-ID: <3FDD8B4F.1060806 at resist.ca> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us- ascii; format=flowed

David.Mcr at earthlink.net wrote:

It could have been
> handled in a single line, perhaps
even two or three words. What is not
> said speaks very loudly about
ANSWER.
> David McReynolds

There is nothing that ANSWER could (or not) say about Saddam Hussein that anyone in North America has somehow been sheltered from. The attack on Iraq--and let us make no mistake, capturing the former president of the Iraqi state is definitely a part of this-- is part of the war. We didn't have any obligation to denounce the Baath party in March and we still do not, irregardless of how many mass graves are dug up.

I applauded ANSWER's statement, and had already forwarded it to local anti-war groups when I read your reply.

We are in North America. Here, our job is to stop the killing perpetrated by North Americans in favour of the Empire-- and not with an asterix beside it that explains what we think of the personalities of those being targeted by imperialism's murderous romp.

Further, though every single thing said against Saddam Hussein is accurate, let me be the first to state-- bluntly as possible--

FREE Saddam Hussein. He IS a political prisoner. His crimes do not matter to the occupiers (or, to be more accurate, his communist and Kurd killing would be the best part of his regime).

Mussolini could not be legitimately captured by Hitler.

Macdonald