[lbo-talk] Saddam Caught

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Mon Dec 15 22:08:28 PST 2003

Jon Johanning wrote:
>...Of course, U.S.-ans are especially obnoxious about this
>patriotism thing, but that's just the way we are, and have been
>since we pushed King George's redcoats out...

This would not have been inaccurate if it had said: "Of course, U.S.-ans are especially obnoxious about this patriotism thing, but that's just the way they are, and have been since French soldiers and sailors commanded by De Grasse, Rochambeau, and the Marquis de la Fayette pushed King George's redcoats out for them"

Shane Mage

"When we read on a printed page the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems mystical, mystifying, even downright silly.

When we read on a computer screen the doctrine of Pythagoras that all things are made of numbers, it seems self-evidently true." (N. Weiner)