[lbo-talk] Fw: [DemocraticLeft] Why Zizek Can Not Be Taken Seriously

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 16 09:04:00 PST 2003

--- Shane Taylor <s-t-t at juno.com> wrote:
>his from the man who polemicizes on the
> need
> > to return to Leninism, as Leninism's "total
> project"
> > is indispensable to the revolutionary pose.
>
> No, he spoke of "repeating Lenin," not the same
> thing as a literally
> revival of Leninism.

Yes, Shane is right. He has called for a re-reading of Lenin, meaning we should pluck the good and leave the rest. Mostly, I believe, he thinks there are organizational lessons to learn from Lenin. This came up in my study group and I bristled at the idea. If we just need to learn about organization- irregardless of the politics associated with it- then we might better learn from Saint Paul. In fact, I think Badiou has written a piece on that very subject.

-Thomas