[lbo-talk] Global Warming 'Virtually Certain' Says Amer. Geophysical Union

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Dec 17 10:43:07 PST 2003

Dwayne Monroe wrote:

> Now, even many of those who were once skeptical are
> convinced. Even so, our distracted state guarantees
> that the larger effects will sneak up on us. This
> seems to me like a train, rumbling decisively in our
> direction. We're on the tracks, tied firmly down, but
> don't want to know it.

Even NPR got this one right this morning with their story about the AGU conference and the consensus on global warming. I was so worried that they'd go into "stupid neutral and objective journalist" mode and blow their report with an interview with some flat earth idiot from one of the libertarian thinks tanks. To NPR's credit, they stuck with scientists who explained the consensus on global warming.

<< Chuck0 >>

Homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Monumental Mistake (blog) -> http://chuck.mahost.org/weblog/index.php Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Infoshop Portal -> http://portal.infoshop.org/ Infoshop Science -> http://science.infoshop.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

"The USA PATRIOT Act (a.k.a. Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing the Appropriate Tools Required to Infiltrate and Obstruct Terrorism)

was originally named "Unarming and Stripping Americans of Freedom and Allowing Secret Cops to Intimidate Scapegoats and Minorities",

but they thought USA FASCISM didn't sound all that great."

-- Patrick Dempsey