[lbo-talk] Gringo Stalingrad [was: Global Warming 'Virtually Certain' Says Amer.Geophysical Union]

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Dec 18 08:17:45 PST 2003

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> But nonetheless I am prepared to pay that price for the demise of the US
> capitalism. I have this idea in my head about someone in 1940 in Paris,
> watching the Nazi troops marching under the Arc de Triomphe, without
> knowing that only two or so years later there would be Stalingrad - a
> combination of natural and human-made conditions that precipitated the
> demise of the Nazi juggernaut. So I am hoping that the Gringos,
> triumphant as they are today, will eventually meet their Stalingrad,
> perhaps even in my life time. That keeps the hope alive. Otherwise,
> one may as well off oneself.

We're working on it, Wojtek. We're working on it. Let's just say that some of us are just not impressed any longer with the so-called superpowers of the good old USA.

I'd like to see the end of capitalism by the end of this decade, not just by the end of my lifetime. Every morning I get up and see my day as part of the overall effort to make that dream a reality.

I never thought I'd see something like Seattle in my lifetime, yet it happened.

<< Chuck0 >>

Homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Monumental Mistake (blog) -> http://chuck.mahost.org/weblog/index.php Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Infoshop Portal -> http://portal.infoshop.org/ Infoshop Science -> http://science.infoshop.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

"The USA PATRIOT Act (a.k.a. Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing the Appropriate Tools Required to Infiltrate and Obstruct Terrorism)

was originally named "Unarming and Stripping Americans of Freedom and Allowing Secret Cops to Intimidate Scapegoats and Minorities",

but they thought USA FASCISM didn't sound all that great."

-- Patrick Dempsey