[lbo-talk] Show Trials & Sober Leftists

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Dec 17 11:29:07 PST 2003

Thomas Seay wrote:

> Whether your ideas are good or bad is of little
> consequence. Your'e indulging in pure fantasy.
> There will be no leftists at the trial: sober OR
> inebriated with the spirit of revolt. So, why even
> put any effort into imagining what a good spectacle
> might look like? If you want to fantasize, why not
> write a sequel to my "Das Kapital: The Movie" and
> present it to the group?

Show trials are examples of antiquated leftist thinking, which brought us permitted rallies, commie newspapers, and ANSWER.

Yoshie might be on to something, but she is picking the wrong format. If you want to do something like this, make a movie or a documentary. Make a website with Flash movies. Find a musical group to hip hop about it.

Nobody is going to want to watch Noam Chomsky or Ramsey Clark drone on in some mock war crimes trial.

<< Chuck0 >>

Homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Monumental Mistake (blog) -> http://chuck.mahost.org/weblog/index.php Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Infoshop Portal -> http://portal.infoshop.org/ Infoshop Science -> http://science.infoshop.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

"The USA PATRIOT Act (a.k.a. Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing the Appropriate Tools Required to Infiltrate and Obstruct Terrorism)

was originally named "Unarming and Stripping Americans of Freedom and Allowing Secret Cops to Intimidate Scapegoats and Minorities",

but they thought USA FASCISM didn't sound all that great."

-- Patrick Dempsey