[lbo-talk] Global Warming 'Virtually Certain' Says Amer.Geophysical Union

Jose Rodriguez & Sally Everson pepor at caribe.net
Wed Dec 17 15:17:41 PST 2003

Not if you live on a small island or low-lying area of the world ... For those of us who do -- I have heard we will be Atlantis in only 40 or so years... and that is based on current emissions... never mind the growth in emmissions which car manifacturers seemed geared to create ... As soon as I get a *real* job I plan to buy some land in a mountainous area ;-)

Sally Everson

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-admin at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-admin at lbo-talk.org]On Behalf Of Wojtek Sokolowski Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 1:35 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: RE: [lbo-talk] Global Warming 'Virtually Certain' Says Amer.Geophysical Union

> Now, even many of those who were once skeptical are
> convinced. Even so, our distracted state guarantees
> that the larger effects will sneak up on us. This
> seems to me like a train, rumbling decisively in our
> direction. We're on the tracks, tied firmly down, but
> don't want to know it.
>
> DRM

A series of catastrophic natural disasters might eventually destabilize the US institutions and undermine US brand of capitalism. Not a bad thing. It keeps the hope alive.

Wojtek