[lbo-talk] re: lynching

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Fri Dec 19 09:57:28 PST 2003

Justin writes

"I don't have the evidence at my fingertips, but I have seen surveys showing astounding levels of antisemitism in Poland -- a country where there are, as I say, a lmost no Jews any more. And there are anecdotal things like the clowns who wanted to build a nightclub on the site of the railhead to Auschwitz a few years ago."

Israel Shahak (the guy I was trying to remember earlier) has written extensively about the jews in Poland and has an intelligible and persuasive analysis of polish anti-semtisim, which is well worth reading.

His jewish history book is available at

http://abbc.com/islam/english/books/jewhis/jewhis1.htm

I know the site is suspect, but Shahak's writing is not.

Joanna