[lbo-talk] Re: barbarian of the moment

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Dec 19 11:16:46 PST 2003

Carrol Cox wrote:

>I wonder. Somehow I had always taken it for granted that subscribers to
>this list would have general knowledge of "our own vast stockpile" of
>horror, but maybe many don't. That would be one explanation of the
>perverse tendency to see u.s. intervention abroad as possibly positive.

Who said anything about U.S. intervention as positive? The closest anyone came to that argument was saying that having destroyed the Iraqi state, pulling out now with no successor force in mind could result in total disaster - a position that seems to be shared by most Iraqis. Of course, you probably know what Iraqis should think better than they do themselves.

>That would also cast a somewhat different light on Chomsky's piling up
>of facts.

Don't forget about the active desire not to know. Piling up facts can't break through such defenses.

Doug