[lbo-talk] Re: barbarian of the moment

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Thu Dec 18 20:46:15 PST 2003

On Thursday, December 18, 2003, at 09:11 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> I wonder. Somehow I had always taken it for granted that subscribers to
> this list would have general knowledge of "our own vast stockpile" of
> horror, but maybe many don't. That would be one explanation of the
> perverse tendency to see u.s. intervention abroad as possibly positive.

Of course, without denying the existence of the vast stockpile of U.S.-committed horror for one minute, one could suggest that this does not logically imply that *all* U.S. intervention has been negative. It could be, for instance, 95% negative and 5% positive.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, 'You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.' -- Sir Arnold Bax