[lbo-talk] Online Poll: Tell Nader to Go Fuck Himself

Andrei andrei at world.std.com
Fri Dec 19 17:51:12 PST 2003

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Andrei wrote:
>
> >I love Kucinich
>
> Do you really think that someone who talks about the Goddess of Peace
> taking us in Her arms, and who brags about the endorsement by the
> forest animals, stands a chance of getting more than 2% of the vote?

As opposed to saying that Saddam Hussein is linked to Al-Queda ?

OK, several things:

First, who says that he's only getting 2% of the vote ? Some CNN poll ? Kucinich actually came out in second place in MoveOn.org's internet primary. Here's an excerpt from an article in UTNE about this recently: (http://www.utne.com/web_special/web_specials_2003-12/articles/11008-1.html)

"Kucinich is now, with a usual estimate of two percent support in most polls, where Clinton Was in the Months before the Start of the 1991 Primaries."

Personally I've never heard Kucinich say the things you quoted, but I do know that he's saying a lot of other things about real issues which I completely agree with and which none of the other candidates are saying.

I dunno, I just don't see what the point of your comments is ? Maybe you just don't like Kucinich and would like to add to the notion that "he's not electable" (because he actually believes in protecting animals and trying to work towards peace) !?

- Andrei