[lbo-talk] Kucinich tripe

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 22 07:03:03 PST 2003

Brian Siano wrote (regarding reactions to new agey Kucinich material):

It's mostly revulsion over the fact that the Kucinich campaign would offer this kind of sub-Beatrix Potter tripe as figurative speech, metaphor, simile, or teaching story.

Yes.

And also, it shows a disappointingly low level of understanding of political and social realities.

Regardless of how a person might feel about the *Grandfather Twilight* stories, and no matter how cute or touching or even profound (oh my) you might believe that material to be, using this sort of stuff for your campaign is, to be kind, ill-advised considering the facts of American culture - or any culture really.

If the leaders and strategists of a campaign don't know this, they probably lack the skills to wrestle with their adversaries. By going on about the *goddess of peace* and related topics, you are instantly alienating millions upon millions of people who will not take you seriously even if they might agree with elements of your platform.

This is unacceptable given the stakes. We do not have time to waste on people who take such unecessary and soft-headed risks.

DRM