[lbo-talk] Musharraf survives second bid on life

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 25 11:38:25 PST 2003

Ian wrote:

So do they really want him dead or do they prefer to keep him alive and scared so they can extort lots concessions etc.?

Yes, I'm wondering the same thing.

If they're toying with him to obtain some result (and who's to say it isn't elements of Pakistan's intelligence service, unhappy with cooperation in the *war on terror*?) then we might expect some interesting modifications in Musharraf's policies.

If they want him dead, we should contemplate what a post-Musharraf situation will look like because a group showing this amount of determination will probably succeed sooner or later.

DRM