[lbo-talk] Merry Christmas!

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Dec 26 09:12:03 PST 2003

"Devine, James" wrote:

> >Ken is right -- don't get down.<
>
> Praise the lord and pass the Prozac!
> Jim

I've never been bothered by holidays, but many of the depressed persons I've met over the years _have_ suffered seriously during holidays-- and one of the triggers for such suffering can be such jolly admonitions from the non-depressed as "don't get down." There are many lists of "Worst Things One Can Say to a Depressed Person," and one or another version of this appears on every one of them.

But perhaps there are no other victims of depression on lbo-talk. :-)

Carrol