[lbo-talk] Merry Christmas ! Happy New Year !

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Fri Dec 26 10:03:17 PST 2003

You know what Charles Brown, the blues singer is famous for : "Merry Christmas , Baby !"

The struggle continues; victory is certain !

Charles

From: "Kenneth Campbell" <kkc at sympatico.ca>

Thomas wrote:
>Same to you Todd. I am happy to see someone posted an
>obvious greeting of this sort. Sometimes I think
>people on this list are addicted to being glum and
>pissed off.
Well said. There are many things to celebrate in our lives. It ain't all grim determination and living through hell in tortured revolutionary angst. Having children, that's an easy one for me, to keep my head above water. And my eyes open. There is nothing in life that can get me down enough to "stop trying" because they are right there. Looking up at me. With trust and faith. Mike Larkin made a great post recently about the religious left having more staying power, being less likely to take tactical defeat as strategic defeat. Don't get down. You know, I have only met one of you on this list -- Doug. And I consider him a friend, in that he promotes a rational and real version of things, yet is also quite open about himself. A "mensch." But I consider some of you "friends" if you will allow that. (You know who you are, because I communicate with you privately.) I am grateful for all posts here. I've learned a lot from you folks. The debate here is funny, informative, realistic, and respectful. And _exceedingly_ well written. (I often wonder who the fuck you all are to be writing so well.) I've got a lot going on in my life right now and can't always keep up. But it's nice to know yer all there. Best to you all, Ken. --

The desire of the moth for the star,

Of the night for the morrow,

The devotion to something afar

From the sphere of our sorrow. -- Shelley