[lbo-talk] Merry Christmas!

Kenneth Campbell kkc at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 26 10:57:23 PST 2003

Carrol wrote:

>Re "realistic" versus "depressed": I cited some research on
>this list a few years ago, to the effect that the _only_
>sector of the population (independent of income, race,
>gender) who had a realistic conception of their own competence
>were those who suffered from depression. :-)

I think that's wisdom, not depression.

"Wisdom" is when you know you deserved the job but lost because Carrol Cox was the interviewer.

"Depression" is when you are Carrol Cox going to the interview.

Ken.

-- At the constitutional level where we work, 90 percent of any decision is emotional. The rational part of us supplies the reasons for supporting our predilections.

-- William O. Douglas