[lbo-talk] RE: Xmas message

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 27 07:15:46 PST 2003

>On Friday, December 26, 2003, at 02:51 PM, Eubulides wrote:
>
>>Why, in history, are there all the various attempts by groups to privilege
>>their interpretation of reality and society at all and to impose it on
>>others? From what does this 'need' [for lack of a better term due to my
>>own limitations] come?

Because the existence of rival views is a threat to one's own; it allows room for doubt. I have suspected, not that I have any grounds for this other than a hunch, that one reason for Medieval anti-Semitism was that the very existence of people who did not accept Revealed Truth was a threat to the self-evidence of that truth. Everybody excepted The Truth except for Those People; their existence indicates that maybe it is not The Truth after all.

_________________________________________________________________ Working moms: Find helpful tips here on managing kids, home, work — and yourself. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/workingmom.armx