[lbo-talk] RE: sex worker

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Tue Dec 30 22:11:28 PST 2003

Doug quoted: "Browsing for Christmas decorations on Manhattan's Upper East Side recently, I stumbled across some irreverent hand towels: Instead of His and Hers, they were monogrammed "Pimp" and "Ho." Poor taste? I was touched. Humor is often a mask for complex ideas; if conventional couples can identify with a prostitute's domestic life, I think we're making progress."

No, I wouldn't call it progress. I think of progress as having to do with ending prostitution of every kind. Perhaps, the first step of this progress would be to recognize the extent to which we all prostitute ourselves to survive in this "free market" by which we are all consumed. But it would just be the first step.

Joanna