full spectrum dominance

Reed Tryte reed_tryte at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 2 08:46:25 PST 2003

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/02/02/national/02SHUT.html?pagewanted=2

"The mission was an unusual one for NASA these days in that it was intended purely for scientific experiments, more than 90 in all. More commonly, the shuttle is used to transport crew, equipment and supplies to the International Space Station, and to support military missions."

What does the shuttle do to support specific military missions? I can imagine them doing experiments with a military application or deploying military satellites, but I'm having trouble with anything more than that.