Fwd: Guernica

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 3 09:41:36 PST 2003

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>From Artdaily.com:
>
>Guernica Reproduction Covered at UN
>
>NEW YORK.- The "Guernica" work by Pablo Picasso at the entrance of the
>Security Council of the United Nations has been covered with a curtain.

I suppose the next thing they'll cover up will be the Isaiah Wall across the street from the United Nations that's inscribed with the words from Isaiah 2:4: "They shall beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks; one nation shall not raise the sword against another, nor shall they train for war again."

What kind of a candy-assed statement is that to have in full view of UN delegates?

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail