Intention (was Re: Unhooking famous violinist)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Feb 3 22:03:27 PST 2003

Ian Murray wrote:

> -
> Seems to me the practice should include forcing the opposition to meet the
> impossible demand of providing a non-circular explanation/justification as to
> why abortion should be criminable at all,

This would be so if politics were a formal debate with a judge who carefully considered all the arguments. But politically in this case it is essential simply to _ignore_ the opposition. This is not a case that can be argued. We have to simply create the facts on the ground.

We're here. We're Queer. Get Used to It.

In a Jar, Daddio, in a Jar.

We've got to make more and more women (who are going to get abortions anyhow) COMFORTABLE with getting abortions. That comfort will spread.

Many issues we do need to argue -- but not this one.

Carrol