Intention (was Re: Unhooking famous violinist)

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Tue Feb 4 07:57:39 PST 2003

a msg onMon, 3 Feb 2003 21:21:57 -0800fromIan Murraycontained-

>Seems to me the practice should include forcing the opposition to meet the
>impossible demand of providing a non-circular explanation/justification
>as to why abortion should be criminable at all, ...

The complementary argument might be requested from the choice advocates.

Analogies to hangnails and tumors aside...if you had an experimental environment with laboratory animals and the animals began eating their young you would want to know what it was in the environment that caused the behavior. You would know that disciplining the animals to try to halt the behavior would interfere with any environmental adjustments to the experiment to adjust the behavior. This is very much common sense and I see no reason why it is not applicable to the phenomenon in a human population.

Martin