who is Jeffery Blankfort?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Feb 4 10:47:08 PST 2003

I came across Blankfort during the Pacifica civil wars. He lives in the SF Bay Area and was active in the KPFA struggle. Compared to some of the loons in the Free Pacifica world he seemed pretty sane. (Check out Bob Feldman for an example of rank conspiracy theorizing: <http://www.radio4all.org/fp/foundations-feldman.htm> on Pacifica, and <http://www.radio4all.org/fp/sagner.htm> for his crazy theory of who runs The Nation. Not surprisingly he has a piece in Counterpunch <http://www.counterpunch.org/feldman1014.html> about the Zionist lobby.) Blankfort seemed like a left labor type, and appropriately anti-Zionist without crossing over into wackoland. But he is friendly with Cockburn, and I see he cited Counterpunch on the Zionist lobby, so evidently my diagnosis was premature.

Doug