who is Jeffery Blankfort?

Bryan Atinsky bryan at indymedia.org.il
Tue Feb 4 10:26:41 PST 2003

Hey all,

Thought someone could help me with this one.

Lately someone (MORRIS434 at aol.com) has been sending me mailings of typical anti-Iraqi war, anti-Zionist articles....Usually I ignore the postings, as I get so many hundreds of e-mails a day, I don't know what to do.

Anyway, today I happened to read one article that was sent...which seems to me to be a Jewish conspiracy behind everything type of article titled "Radical JINSA Zionists at Pentagon to Control Iraq" (http://www.itszone.co.uk/zone0/viewtopic.php?t=3003)

The first sentence in the article states: "Looks like the radical JINSA (Jewish Institute of National Security Affairs) Zionist Jews of Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz will be calling the shots in US-occupied Iraq (they have been manipulating Bush like a puppet for their Zionist and oil driven war on Islam beginning with the invasion of Iraq)"

I found the statement that Bush needed manipulation by the zionist lobby in order to be persuaded into attacking Iraq laughable, so I (stupidly, I should have kept my mouth shut) replied. The last (perhaps all of the replies) come from Jeffery Blankfort. I looked him up and he seems to be 'known' (except by me), so could someone tell me what his issue is?

Here is my correspondence and their replies:

I wrote:

How silly and simplistic: "they have been manipulating Bush like a puppet for their Zionist and oil driven war on Islam "

As if Bush needs manipulation...what? if Bush weren't manipulated he would be defending workers'/immigrants'/womens'/etc. rights?

Oh ya, it is all the Jewish Zionist conspiracy.

Too bad that a majority of the Israel lobby in the US are anti-semetic fundamentalist Christians.

The problem is one of Capital and Empire...and Zionism is only one of its dimensions. If Israel and the Jewish people didn't exist, the US and European Capital would invent something to takes its place as the outsider bully in the region... -------------------------------------------------------

They replied:

Nice try... I suggest you read the following to get more informed though as it is radical JINSA Zionism and oil which are driving US to war in the Middle East:

http://www.itszone.co.uk/zone0/viewtopic.php?t=2898

Dick Cheney was on the board of advisors for JINSA (Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs) and is an oil man as well (with his Haliburton company involved with the oil for food program in Iraq).... You can try to divert attention from the radical JINSA Zionism aspect if you want, but it only works on the ignorant....

So I replied:

You didn't answer the question really...

No one here questions whether or not there are high ranking zionist Jews who are pressuring for a war in Iraq, or that they have a lot of influence.

The question is, though, are Bush and the non-Jewish right-wing Christians and Capitalists only for a war on Iraq because they have been manipulated by the Jewish Zionists, or do they have their own reasonings which coincide with the Zionist Jews and they each play the other off for their own reasonings?

Again, are you saying that if Bush weren't manipulated by the Jewish Zionist conspirists, that he would be defending workers'/immigrants'/womens'/etc. rights?

They replied:

My experience shows that one of the key segments of the Israel lobby is composed of those on the left who not only ignore its existence but attack those who call attention to the lobby's power. I suggest you read the January 25th article by Bill and Kathy Christison on the role of Jewish neo-cons who worked for Netanyahu and are now writing the script for Dubya that you'll find on the Counterpunch website. Then you should read George Ball's the Passionate Attachment, and JJ Goldberg's Jewish Power and Edward Tivnan's The Lobby. But I'm sure you won't. Ignorance as all know is bliss. Jeff Blankfort MORRIS434 at aol.com wrote: