epidurals

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 4 11:22:21 PST 2003

So we thought before the birth of our first. After 9 and half hours of labor that seemed to be going nowhere, things looked somewhat different. Lamaze wasn't helping. The ob/gyn stopped in around then, 6.30 am, and said, "I know your philosophy is not to use drugs . . . " We looked at each other, and I said, "our philosophy is that pain is intrinsically an evil." She got the epidural, and was happy, though the baby didn't come along until a little before noon.

jks