Weekly Standard Right Wing Geek Picture of the Day

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Feb 4 14:27:17 PST 2003

Dennis Perrin wrote:

>A lot of professional rightwingers are wimpy, doughy types. I briefly hung
>around a crowd of ex-Dartmouth Review editors in the early 90s, drinks
>mostly, and they were physically out of shape and lacked any real muscular
>definition -- but they all loved Reagan's wars!

I went to the Party of the Right's annual banquet - the 50th anniversary edition, this one - last Saturday. A report will appear on The Nation's website on Thursday. For now, I'll just say it was seriously weird. Most were not impressive physical specimens, though their language can get very violent. Thank god you can hire people to go fight imperial wars for you.

Doug