Bobby Seale to speak in SE Michigan, Feb 6

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Feb 4 14:39:02 PST 2003

JBrown72073 at cs.com wrote:

> >What is Elaine Brown doing now?

> [clip] Jamil Al-Amin (H. Rap Brown) was appointed Minister of
> Justice in the BPP briefly in 1967 during the fragile alliance between the
> BPP and SNCC--by then the Student National Coordinating Committee. OF course
> the alliance was pretty much smashed by agentry.

The "First" SDS at ISU had gradually shrunk to one couple (who were graduating) and me in the spring of 1968. We got out 100 copies of a leaflet advertising a rally to support Rap Brown (who at that time had been arrested on a weapons charge). Out of that rally we recruited the two people who that summer and the next fall built it up to a chapter of over 25, before the fucking weathermen ripped it apart the summer and fall of '69!

Your information on what smashed the alliance is new to me -- though obvious come to think of it.

Carrol