Hitch: Bush for Pres!

Jeet Heer jeet at sturdynet.com
Wed Feb 5 12:30:40 PST 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:
> >>We had a girlfriend in common -- I didn't know then -- who's since
> >>become a very famous radical lesbian."
> >

> >heh. heh. heh.
>
> Word is that the woman in question is Sara Maitland.
>
> Doug

Can this be right? From what I've read of her (a novel and some essays) Maitland is a feminist but not a particularly radical one. She seems rather fond of the Catholic church, for one thing, albeit not the traditionalist wing. Don't know about her sex life. Perhaps from Hitchens perspective any feminist is also ipso facto a radical lesbian.