Trojan Horses (was ex-radicals)

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Feb 5 13:06:55 PST 2003

Thomas Seay wrote:
> --- JBrown72073 at cs.com wrote:
> but if the
>
>>person making this charge is not an agent they
>>should get a bit more humble
>>about the problem, and stick to the content of the
>>disagreement.
>

> What kind of bullshit is this? Chuck and I and others
> have many problems with the WWP. One is their
> organizational opportunism. Another one is that they
> want to pose as a force of liberation, while
> supporting their own brand of repressive regimes.
> They ride into the movement in a trojan horse,
> decrying US imperialism, while supporting other
> regimes that are also repressive. Why shouldn't Chuck
> expose them? Why should he restrict his opposition
> only to the repression and militarism of the United
> States and its allies? Why should he just stick to
> the "hush hush" line that you propose Jenny?
>
> So, the content of the disagreement is not JUST about
> WWP's opportunism...it is about what they represent
> and defend.
>
> -Thomas

My opposition to the WWP and IAC is mostly based on my experience with them as an activist. The other night I was thinking back to the planning before A16 (2000) and I recalled how the IAC even then was trying to co-opt the anti-globalization movement. If you remember, the IAC organized a "Prison Industrial Complex" the evening before the A16 day of actions. The police surrounded that march and arrested over 600 people, thus keeping many people off the streets for A16. I'm reluctant to blame the IAC for the police strategy, but this event was another example of the IAC's sectarianism and inability to work with other activists.

I would have no problem with ANSWER if they kicked the WWP and IAC out. My beef is with the WWP and its disruptive, sectarian front groups.

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

"The state can't give you free speech, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free..." ---Utah Phillips