CFR MEDIA ADVISORY: "International Cooperation in the War on Terror" with U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft in Washington, D.C., 2/10

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 5 15:16:50 PST 2003

Looks like I got myself an invite:

Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 15:05:54 -0800 (PST) From: mike larkin <mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com>

Subject: "International Cooperation in the War on Terror"

To: mbeeuwkes at cfr.org, Communications at cfr.org

Hi: This sounds like a great meeting. Would you have a place for me? I'm an anti-war activist committed to stopping the U.S.'s terrorist war on Iraq. I would be interested in furthering "International Cooperation in the War on Terror" by partnering with anti-war activists from other countries. I'm hoping that some of them will be at the meeting so that I can talk to them.

By the way, have you read Chomsky's most recent interview on the anti-war movement? It's great stuff. I'll bring copies for Mr. Thornburgh and Mr. Ashcroft. If you'd like one too, just let me know.

Well, it's been great chatting with you. When you have a moment, could you have Mr. Ashcroft put me on one of his lists? I can't be a mover and shaker in the anti-war movement unless there's a file on me, and I'm trying to move up the ladder.

Thanks so much! See you on the 10th!

MEDIA ADVISORY >COUNCIL ON FOREIGN RELATIONS >
>***THIS MEETING IS ON THE RECORD*** > >John Ashcroft
>United States Attorney General >
>International Cooperation in the War on Terror >
>Dick Thornburgh
>Former United States Attorney General; formerGovernor
of Pennsylvania
>will preside > > >Monday, February 10, 2003 >11:00
a.m. TV Crew Setup
>12:45 p.m. Press Registration >1:00 to 2:00 p.m.
Meeting > >
>The Council on Foreign Relations >1779 Massachusetts
Avenue, N.W.