Weekly Standard Right Wing Geek Picture of the Day

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at sun.com
Wed Feb 5 14:56:20 PST 2003

At 04:28 PM 02/05/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>The murder, otoh, is consistent
>with the closet gay interpretaion - he had his moment of weakness and
>let his cover down but when he realized he made a mistake, he eliminated
>the only witness of his weakness.

OK, that's a strong argument.

I saw it as -- he kisses the guy to understand what the whole thing is about ( because he wants some kind of connection with his son) -- he gets rejected -- he kills the guy who took away his last chance ...as it were

Your argument is more straightforward -- and there is this really strong homophobic thing in US culture, more so than anywhere else I've been. So, you might well be right.

Joanna