ex-radical

Reed Tryte reed_tryte at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 6 09:41:19 PST 2003

Reed T.:

>The same strange vagueness seems to afflict most
>people making this case. Unless I've missed
>something, Peter K. still hasn't, despite being asked
>by several people (including me), explained who the
>"leftist flacks for Saddam and Osama" are. I guess
>it's enough just to assert they exist, rather than
>going to the trouble of naming them and quoting what
>they've said.

Peter K.:

>Yes you've missed something. Since there are so many
>fans of Hitchens hereabouts, here are some more of
>his thoughts on the general subject. I'd be curious
>to read your response. The "leftist flacks" bit seems

>to have hit a nerve so it's probably best to let the
>subject drop.

Well... I actually suspect we can all survive discussing this a little bit further.

So, at the risk of becoming tiresome, can you repeat whatever it is I missed? As I say, I'm looking for some names and quotes. I also remain curious what your reaction is when people refer to Christopher Hitchens as a leftist flack for Hezbollah and Hamas.

Lastly, I'm happy to comment on what Hitchens wrote, but it may be a couple of days before I have time.