ANSWER, cops, breakaways

DoreneFC at aol.com DoreneFC at aol.com
Thu Feb 6 19:11:12 PST 2003

In a message dated 2/6/2003 6:13:09 PM Pacific Standard Time, Stannard67 at aol.com writes:

> Well, that's not me. I have lived in Laramie for four years, but prior to
> that lived in LA and Salt Lake City, and attended my share of mass
> demonstrations in both areas. I am not sure that an appeal to my naivete
> makes me feel a whole lot better than being baited as a potential cop.

Yeah, but what about your students? You're teachinng, right? (I skimmed some of the stuff on this thread really fast) How many of them are dazzled when they go to, say, Denver?

Besides, naivete or no, my points about the logistics and randomness of big events and the need to CHECK YOUR FACTS still stand. Plus ANSWER folk are not always the only hard to work with forces.

> Interesting...interesting...in the last 24 hours I have dealt with both
> extreme assholes and people who think you can actually start in Wyoming,
> drive 12 hours and still be in Wyoming. Yeah, maybe if you drive 40 mph,
> but nobody here does that.

Not even east to West? Or in a blizzard? Or on a Greyhound bus? MT at least 18 hours east to west on Greyhound. I know Greyhound time is not the same as real time, but WY is not THAT much shorter than MT which was my possibly warped point of reference.

DC -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20030206/f86a475c/attachment.htm>