ANSWER, cops, breakaways

Stannard67 at aol.com Stannard67 at aol.com
Thu Feb 6 18:11:46 PST 2003

In a message dated 2/6/2003 6:52:41 PM Mountain Standard Time, DoreneFC at aol.com writes:

> Yesterday I was thinking about responding to this thread from a rally
> participation point of view. The fact that one person who asked about this
> is
> from Wyoming and MIGHT never have seen a huge rally makes me think this is
> reasonable line for at least some discussion.

Well, that's not me. I have lived in Laramie for four years, but prior to that lived in LA and Salt Lake City, and attended my share of mass demonstrations in both areas. I am not sure that an appeal to my naivete makes me feel a whole lot better than being baited as a potential cop.

The seeming naivete of my question does stem from the fact that I have never worked with or around ANSWER and have heard decidedly mixed reviews about it, including some very hostile ones. Imagine my surprise when I am labeled a liar for asking a question (and, in fact, Yoshie, not a loaded question at all--"Is X true" is not even in the same ballpark as "have you stopped beating your spouse").

Interesting...interesting...in the last 24 hours I have dealt with both extreme assholes and people who think you can actually start in Wyoming, drive 12 hours and still be in Wyoming. Yeah, maybe if you drive 40 mph, but nobody here does that.

stannard -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20030206/c072a7fa/attachment.htm>