carroll quigley

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Fri Feb 7 09:46:06 PST 2003

Brian, Michael Perelman and I have posted a few things on Quigley over the last few yrs. Probably, Chip has read it all though.Check the archives via googling with keywords, "Quigley lbo-talk". When I just did that I got 128 hits, but narrowed it down by adding Carrol, down to a few dozen. See the bill fancher post, "Why You Never Heard Of Carrol Quigley." (Though if you listened to Bill Clinton's acceptance speech to the DNC in '92, you heard his tribute to his teacher at Georgetown.)

My sense is that though Quigley disd not deserve to have his work appropriated by the Birchers and other conspiranoids, since aalot of the secondary lit. I've skimmed on Quigley notes his not entirely uncritical pov on the Ruling Elites, analysis of secret societies intersections w/more "open" forms of ruling class policy and ideology formation is better served by reading say, New Left Review. Or the anarchist magazine I saw a piece of yours in recently. Michael Pugliese