Mickey Mouse, racist

Brian O. Sheppard bsheppard at bari.iww.org
Fri Feb 7 16:36:27 PST 2003

On a related note, the Nazi Luftwaffe employed Mickey Mouse as their mascot on many of their fighters. Check out Nazi fighter ace Adolph Galland's Messerschmitt Bf109 for an example. A local air museum also has an original Nazi Messerschmitt with the Mickey Mouse emblem on it. I have no idea if this was done with Disney's knowledge. I doubt it, but stranger things have happened.

Brian

--

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Il etait enfin venu, le jour ou je fus un pourceau!" - Comte de Lautreamont, Les Chants de Maldoror, 4th Hymn, Strophe 6