ex-radical

kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Fri Feb 7 10:44:11 PST 2003

At 10:29 AM 2/7/03 -0800, andie nachgeborenen typed this missive:

It's beside the point. Terror bombimgs are almost always homicidal. What's striking about these is that they are suicidal. That's not a compliment or praise or apologetics. But, moreover, using certain vocabulary comes with a certain ideological apparatus. If I referred, in the old days, to the "captive nations," you'd think I was a right wing cold warrior. jks

only four of them knew that they were going to their deaths. the rest had no idea. not that it matters much--because the ideological use of the phrase is what matters.

back to watch the very excellent Liar to the Chief,

Kelley

p.s., the sonshine got scouted by Georgia Tech! Waaahoo!