ex-radical

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri Feb 7 13:35:25 PST 2003

> Who's disputing "the fact" that the suicide bombers
> have homicidal intent (and results)? But you honestly
> say that youi can't see the ideology in using an
> expression introduced on the right with the more or
> less transparent implication that anyone who uses the
> term suicide bomber is a terr-symp who identifies with
> their aims and endorses their means?

> jks

I can see the ideological attempt at a squeeze, sure, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna comply by insisting, with a huff and a puff, that I'll only refer to those who blow up pizzerias and commuter busses as strictly "suicidal." To do so not only abuses the truth, it also conforms to the very tactic you say you're resisting.

I must say this attempt at hair-splitting a word that is very straightforward and accurate shows how easily the left is yanked around by the right. Whatever happened with calling something by its right name, regardless of how it's used by one's enemies?

DP