Reasons to support war on Iraq

Ulhas Joglekar uvj at vsnl.com
Sat Feb 8 04:37:56 PST 2003

Alexandre Fenelon wrote:

> What I mean is that US imperialism eventually can
> -harm itself by weakening US power. Already the US is involved in a
> -imperial adventure in Afghanistan whose results we don´t know yet.

I am not sure if the US will be weakened by war on Iraq. How is this going to happen? Even if this happens, what price will the rest of the world have to pay for it?

>> This will also end of prospects of autonomous development of capitalism
in
>> the so-called Third World that Alexandre belives in.
>
> -If the final result is the weakening of the US, then we could have those
> -prospects improved. It depends on how the US manage its interventionism
> -(and I think Bush and Co will probably mismanage US military power).

Even if this were to happen, it might strengthen Islamic fundamentalism in West Asia in the medium term. I don't see the Left growing in Asia in the coming period.

Ulhas