Vanishing Marxism on LBO-talk

soil ride solrde at msn.com
Sat Feb 8 05:45:32 PST 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yoshie Furuhashi" <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2003 1:19 AM Subject: Re: Vanishing Marxism on LBO-talk

[snip]

> I've expansively interpreted Marxism, as most self-identified
> Marxists have already vanished from the list -- hence the subject of
> the thread.
> --
> Yoshie

I've only joined LBO-talk not too long ago and still just reading the emails that come pouring into my little inbox, sifting and searching for answers and clues. I suppose it is one thing to study Marx and consider one-self a Marxist, and that's fine. I have been reading Marx, Lenin, and works of other revolutionaries for some time now, and still I suppose that makes me some kind of "marxist"...labels are really not that important, except when it comes to finding one's position and role in the world, of which I am still trying to define. Not that I really need to be included with the lot of people, since I hardly know anyone and vice versa, anyone hardly knows me...but for anyone who is for progress and change to the current war and terror atmosphere and culture fueled by imperialism and capitalism, the struggle continues.

Warmest regards, Joshua

"In the world through which I travel, I am endlessly creating myself." -Frantz Fanon