Direct Action at the Holland Tunnel RIGHT NOW!

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Feb 11 06:54:56 PST 2003

Some of you were wondering what anarchists were going to do in NYC to ratchet up dissent. Here's one example that's happening this morning.

Chuck0

-----

Direct Action at the Holland Tunnel RIGHT NOW! (8:15AM)

by Crimethinc lower manhattan unit 7:46am Tue Feb 11 '03 (Modified on 8:26am Tue Feb 11 '03)

On my way to work, I noticed there were 6 people blocking access to the Holland Tunnel at 8:15 AM today!

The 6 people appear to be an autonomous group of individuals opposed to the bombing of Iraq. They were sitting on the road with their arms in 'lock-boxes' blocking access to the Jersey Bound Holland Tunnel entrance on Varick and Broome Street.

Behind them was a large banner stretched from pole to pole opposing the bombing of Iraq. People were seen handing out fliers as well.

I'm sure there will be photos and text uploaded soon. Direct action against the war on Iraq & Bush's bullshit! Keep up the resistance!

http://nyc.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=46595&group=webcast