Arms inspectors vote on BBC

Steven McGraw stmcgraw at vt.edu
Tue Feb 11 08:38:46 PST 2003

>That does not surprise me at all. Most US-ers are ignorant and arogant
>buffoons who will use every opportunity to show their superiority by
>"kicking butt." They love Bush an cannot wait for his invasion of Iraq,
>so they vicariously participate in this "butt kicking" and then feel
>superior about themselves.

Woj. You got bile all over your keyboard. Wipe it up. Now, focus. Think about US propaganda since 9/11. Think back on Powell's speech. Slowly, carefully. What emotion does it appeal to? Theeeere you go.

Now. How many of us do you think have loved ones who are either in the armed forces now, or are veterans of one of our many wars? My best friend, my little brother, and my uncle are all in high-risk areas of military service. Let's pretend I'm less politically savvy than I am, perhaps because I don't have the luxury of an education or sufficient leisure to figure things out on my own. What would convince me to support a war that would put my loved ones at risk? Getting it now?