Arms inspectors vote on BBC

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 11 10:22:22 PST 2003

Yes, "some" europeans get obnoxious when they get on their pulpit about Americans. This category of european likes to deride americans as being racist. While there is of course racism in America, I saw plenty of racism in Europe.

Now I grew up in the South (where we are supposedly more racist than anywhere) but I have never in my lifetime seen as blatant a racism as I saw in <SOME> of the French towards north africans. I saw the same in Italy when more immigrants started showing up there, and I recall getting lectured about how all the Chinese should be run out of Italy (there are only a handful of chinese in Italy).

Of course, it would be stupid of me to say all europeans are racist, but there is a category of europeans that say such things about Americans. Those europeans need to get off their fucking high horse.

> > Europeans, who are more civilised and also
> experienced the horrors of
> > war themselves, are much less gung-ho.

Which Europeans? The ones that belong to the National Front, who want to protect the purity of French culture, language and race? The Italians who voted in Berlusconi? The neo-nazis in Germany? There is some truth that some Americans might be more gung-ho because there hasn't been a war on American soil in over a hundred years. However, you will find that a lot of soldiers who went to war and saw the horrors have no romantic notions about war.

-Thomas

--- Dennis Perrin <dperrin at comcast.net> wrote:
> Wojtek:
>
> > Most US-ers are ignorant and arogant
> > buffoons who will use every opportunity to show
> their superiority by
> > "kicking butt." They love Bush an cannot wait for
> his invasion of Iraq,

===== <<Be like me! The Primal Mother, eternally creative, eternally impelling into life,

eternally drawing satisfaction from the ceaseless flux of phenomena.>>

-Nietzsche, "The Birth of Tragedy"